Another combo post


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Auvergne
September 22nd 2018
Published: September 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

This is another combo post. Rich and Tiff arrived after a long 35K walk to find the rooms had been reserved but not paid. Some frantic calls to Denis fixed the problem but it wa touch and go for a while.

The most interesting thing about the trek from Condom to Eauze turned out to be the walnut tree that decided to bomb Tiff. Hit her right in the hairline and was a real shock. The rest of the trip was more dried up corn and sunflower fields ... some were being cut and some being plowed but that's been the scenery for the majority of the walk. The dinner in Eauze featured the best duck that Rich and Tiff had eaten on the entire trip. Tiff had the leg and Rich had the breast that was cooked rare and seared with the fat almost rendered ...absolute perfection and melt in your mouth great. The lodging in Eauze was funky but clean and comfortable. Tiff kept trying to go down the wrong stairs from our room that could have slept all of us with an empty bed for someone that Pat might have dragged in off the street.

Then a rare occurance!!! 4 hikers left Eauze for Nogoro together! Today was only 21K so Pat and Ruth braved the wilds and hiked the whole distance. We stopped for lunch at a cute cemetary and had leftover pizza from last night's dinner. Lodging in Nogoro was 1+K off hte Camino ubt it has a nice pool and nice rooms.

Tiff sez ...

A couple of weeks ago I told the dogs on the trail about the book I was reading. Today I told Rich about the book and got pretty much the same reaction as from the dogs. I guess Steven King isn't for everyone. So to make conversation based on our surroundings I asked him why the lyricist said "I miss you most of all my darling, when autumn leaves start to fall". Rich quickly replied "because in autumn they had a FALLing-out". (groan!) Tomorrow I bring my book of questions (Rich sez .... she'll get the same response she got from the dogs ...)

I will try to get some pictures in here one of these days .. really.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.2mb