Left the beautiful Dordogne and headed over the Massif-Central to Vichy in the Auvergne.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Auvergne » Vichy
June 22nd 2022
Published: June 25th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Quite sad to leave our lovely site at Limeuil as we have really enjoyed our stay there. Found out later than the 2022 ACSI inspection has awarded them the best located site again and that is no surprise is it really is in a wonderful spot. Across the bridge from a beautiful village, access to two mighty rivers, the Vezere and the Dordogne and close to so many of the gorgeous villages of the Perigord region.

Our drive was exceedingly scenic though the first part to get us out of the river valley was somewhat windy. Once away from there though we were on good, nearly always straight roads through lovely scenery. The further along we went the more scenic the route as we climbed up and over the Massif Central range with wonderful views across to the Puy de Dome and the Volcanica area. Just such a lovely drive.

The sky was a lovely blue with rather a dramatic white design for part of the way. Probably a sign that the glorious heatwave is about to come to an end. Maybe for the best. It really has been a little too hot at times for comfort and we have needed the swimming pools to cool down.

The end of the drive became less scenic as we moved into a more industrialised area and finally to Vichy where we planned to stay three nights. We had already decided before arriving at the campsite we would only be stopping a single night. As we approached Vichy it was in a slow line of traffic which eventually went over the river and we followed it along to the campsite. The campsite is by the river but without any direct access. Absolutely fine for a city site but not where we want to be. We were given a lovely long pitch which made it easy to parl with Smart Arse still on the trailer behind.

I of course found the pool but was rather startled to find it was as warm as a hot bath, as though the sides were open, the heat was trapped under the roof. Maybe the water was heated even but it was not particularily refreshing on a hot day so I didn't stay in long.

Have decided to head for Burgundy tomorrow and I have found a site by the Lac d'Orient which we have stopped at for a night before and marked as excellent. Plan to stop there for several days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb