The most amazing gourmet dinner


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine
May 18th 2013
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Mary at the sign on the restaurantMary at the sign on the restaurantMary at the sign on the restaurant

we knew we were on the right track
Geo: 45.2792, 0.215607

Philip, who runs our B&B recommended la Treille for dinner this evening. Dot had read about this place...they declined a Michelin star. I don't know what that means, but I am sure Harley will.

It is small place. The first odd thing, they weren't very crowded when we arrived and they had a beautiful glassed in dining room overlooking the Dordogne River. They didn't seat us in that room, but put us in a smaller interior room. Everyone else who came in was seated in the other room. The loud Americans had a room all to themselves. Intentional?

They didn't offer us an English language menu, so obviously, we are starting to pass as European. We managed as best we could with only a few surprises. They offered a fixed price courses menu, which we love, so we all used that. I am saving most of my commentary for the photos below. It was a culinary adventure.

If anyone would care to translate the menu and tell us what we ate, you can find the menu at www.latreille-perigord.com.

It was a wonderful meal. Enjoy the pics.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Complimentary salmon mousse puff Complimentary salmon mousse puff
Complimentary salmon mousse puff

cute and a great start to the meal. salmon mousse on toasted bread drizzled with a yummy white sauce.
Profiteroles 1st course Profiteroles 1st course
Profiteroles 1st course

The profiteroles were stuffed with fois gras and mango sorbet and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. It sounds odd, but Mary was in heaven from the flavor combination..
Dot's crazy 1st courseDot's crazy 1st course
Dot's crazy 1st course

deep fried lightly breaded asparagus dipped in a saucy tomatoey thing accompanied by a slider made out of something unidentifiable but quite yummy. If anyone wants to translate the menu and figure out these dishes, let me know and I will take a photo of it.
Bunny killerBunny killer
Bunny killer

Dee thought she was ordering a salad with tomatoes and green beans. We didn't notice the word Lapin (rabbit) in the description. Her greens beans were topped with filet de bunny. She ate every bite. It was delicious.
Mary"s main courseMary"s main course
Mary"s main course

Mary went for the pricier, fancier menu. She may have to describe this, but it was duck in a crispy outer thing, topped with fois gras, cherry sauce and all kinds of interesting sides. She loved it.
Salmon entreeSalmon entree
Salmon entree

It is hard to see the salmon under the greens. Dot had the salmon and it was very nice cooked. they gave her a special weird knife to use on it. It had a nice crispy top with a great flavor.
Etouffee de BeefEtouffee de Beef
Etouffee de Beef

Dee and I both had this beef dish that was perfect for us. Didn't need a knife, it was like stew meat cooked until it fell apart. Cooked in red wine and onions, carrots, mushrooms. the photo doesn't do it justice. Topped with wonderful thinly sliced potatoes.
Cheese courseCheese course
Cheese course

it doesn't look like much, but i wouldn't have missed it for the world, Mine was a melted goat cheese served warm, on top of toasted bread, topped with a light caramel sauce, accompanied by thinly slice apples, also drizzled with caramel. Dee and dot had a cow milk cheese, with a nutty flavor topped with cooked walnuts
apple tart with vanilla ice cream and caramelapple tart with vanilla ice cream and caramel
apple tart with vanilla ice cream and caramel

Dee and mary's choice of dessert. pretty and excellent
Dot's fruity dessertDot's fruity dessert
Dot's fruity dessert

sorbet and stuff I can't translate.
Flaming creme brûlée   Flaming creme brûlée
Flaming creme brûlée

Mary ordered the creme brulee for me off of her pricier menu. They brought it out in flames and when the waitress went to get another dessert we told her to blow it out. Mistake? we aren't sure. It wasn't very good. I started eating it and my lips were tingling. It really tasted like alcohol. Overwhelming. We wonder if we were supposed to let it burn off naturally and burn off the alcohol? any thoughts?


18th May 2013

Wow!!!!!! All that was one meal. Some looked really interesting. Hope you got enough exercise to work it all off. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!
18th May 2013

Now that looks yummy! I don't think I could eat any of that other stuff!!!
18th May 2013

Shame on you, Dee!!!!
19th May 2013

Finally got some veggies from my plate and chris's. Asparagus, carrots, shrooms, etc
19th May 2013

No way you are passing as Europeans! Unbelievable food...love the flaming creme brulee...
19th May 2013

Yeah Connie, I knew you would be jealous of the creme br?l
19th May 2013

What. Now I'm actually drooling...which is just embarrassing.
19th May 2013

It was strawberries on top of some weird cottage cheesy looking sauce with sorbet. Don't know what deliciousness i ate.
19th May 2013

Don't worry, I never liked Peter Cotton Tail anyway, that cheeky little guy. Love your scarf S'mom!
20th May 2013

Great picture! All the food looks very interesting.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb