Pretending to be a princess in Tamnies


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine
July 3rd 2011
Published: June 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Combe ClaireCombe ClaireCombe Claire

and a sunbed for everyone....
The house at Tamnies has lived up to expectations - last night after hunting for the key, the five children raced around bagsing bedrooms, exclaiming at how beautiful it all was, and generally exploring. It felt good to drop bags and know we wouldn't be packing them again for a week! There is a truly opulent feel to this house - lots of very high ceilings, chandeliers, and plenty of room for everyone to sit together around dinner tables or the pool, or to spread out on the couches in the living room. There are 5 bathrooms, 5 bedrooms, and a big kitchen equipped with everything you could need, including a separate fridge for drinks! Astrid and I have taken turns at loading up the washing machine as it's been a while since we've had access to one.

This is a really quiet little hamlet, and there is a huge lawn beyond the pool to run around in - Hugo can kick the footy to his heart's content! There is a gorgeous little gated vegetable garden full of beautiful things ready to pick and cook as we feel like it- spring onions, herbs, tomatoes (not ripe yet unfortunately) and all
Our bedroomOur bedroomOur bedroom

Fit for a princess!
sorts of other delicacies. The children have been snacking from bushes laden with redcurrants and whitecurrants whenever they get a bit peckish, and have collected a big jug full to make a tart, but I am finding it hard to leave my book and think about baking - maybe some nice thick whipped cream and madeleines from the bakery would be nice with them......

The driveway is lined with lavender, and the little ones spent ages today hunting for bumblebees like we had seen in Tuscany. The ones they have found so far are not quite as enormous as those were, but it makes for a fun game anyway.

Frank and I have ended up sleeping in the room which I had spotted online when trawling travel sites on the internet. It is an oasis of calm, with beautiful sage green and white linen, and crisp linen curtains over the windows out to the garden. I wish I could pack this room into my suitcase and take it home with me to Melbourne.





We set off tonight after dinner on a long walk to explore, and were treated to a spectacular sunset on our way home - hopefully it will be another beautiful day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Looking for bumblebeesLooking for bumblebees
Looking for bumblebees

Even the driveway was gorgeous!
The big girls' roomThe big girls' room
The big girls' room

They loved it, especially having their own bathroom!
RedcurrantsRedcurrants
Redcurrants

The children ate and ate them.


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb