Vicdessos


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine
November 16th 2005
Published: November 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

This is where Niels went to college!! College is for the 1st degree, whichis diff than U.S. So Niels, this if for you. It was a lovely drive into the mountains. It's a ski area. Niels, you didn' t tell me you could ski!! One of the buildings is the dorm where the students stay. They come home on weekends. It's like a boarding school for middle school or high school students.
Niels, I saw the big mountain that your fitness prof used to make you all climb every Monday morning. No wonder you have grande musculation! It was good for you, no?
A lot of school kids were outside and heard us talking English. They said, "Allo!" and giggled. When I said, "Hi! How are you?" they burst into laughter and said, "Fine thank you" in their very best English. We exchanged for a bit and they made me laugh as hard as they were. They were happy to pose for a photo.
We also drove to a nearby village where there were some prehistoric markings and alters. I think we were at about 3000 ft alt. I saw the grot (cave) where Hitler used to fly his planes in. That was closed, but you could see where they flew into the cave. Strange. A lot of WW 2 history here. Monuments etc. For instance I saw a church where Jewish children were hidden. This day was in the mountains though to check out where Niels spent 4 years studying.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Castle ruinsCastle ruins
Castle ruins

This was a pretty valley and in the center was this little mountain with ruins on top. Nobles had 2nd hommes here.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb