Day 5 Blaye FR


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Blaye
June 10th 2014
Published: June 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We really enjoyed a quiet day today. After breakfast we joined the easy walking tour as we went to a small villages Of Bourg. Unfortunately it was closed and seemed to us like a wasted stop. We then had a stop and visit of what this town is well known for a Unisec world heritage site a Citadel. The fortification was commissioned in the 17th century by Louis XIV to protect the city of Bordeaux from enemies sailing up the river from the Atlantic Ocean.

We returned to the ship and really enjoyed a leisurely afternoon getting caught up on personal items including this blog. We napped, watched a movie as well. We met our friends in the lounge and chatted. We were thrilled that Ward brought several hand made magnificent wooden pens that he hand made and offered one to each Jim and I as a gift. I chose a beautiful murtle wood with a ring of turquoise. Jim chose a very handsome black walnut pen. We were so surprised and thankful that Ward shared his talent with us and wee will forever think of him and this trip each and every time we use these magnificent writing instruments.

Dinner was good, we enjoyed the wines tonight both the white and the red. We checked with the front desk and we are confirmed for wine tasting at 5:15pm in the private dining room following with dinner in the same room. Should be fun.

Another wonderful day in bordeaux region. More to do tomorrow as we head to Libourne and Bergerac.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.2099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb