Day 6 Bergerac FR


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Bergerac
June 11th 2014
Published: June 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the charming town of Bergerac. The ride to this town on the motor coach was about 1 1/2 hours which seemed like a long journey. About 30 minutes in we stopped for a 'technical stop' or 'happy stop' or 'Water closet' or restroom...we thought the technical stop was quite funny.
Upon our arrival we were given a walking tour by our guide. Quite a bit of history over the centuries with war between French and the English and then the Christians and the Protestants. After our walking tour, we head to a restaurant that Susan made reservations for lunch. We walked a few short blocks and located the restaurant, L'Imparfait restaurant. We were seated outside under an umbrella and the matre d' pulled out the chalk board with the 3 course pre fix menu; entree, main plate and dessert.
We shared a wonderful bottle of white wine from Bergerac and Evian water. I ordered a salad with melted goat cheese on baguette and Jim enjoyed crab cake. For the main course, I tried the filet of duck breast with a wonderful brown sauce (fabulous) and Jim had the salmon with vegetables. For dessert I had the cherry cloufit and Jim had the brownie which tastes more like fudge with vanilla sauce. As we walked away to head back to the bus, we all raved what a wonderful meal that we just enjoyed.
Returning to the boat we stopped at the chateau Monbazillac for a photo stop. What a beautiful property built in the sixteenth century includes vineyards, a castle with a mote and is now a museum.
We arrived back at the boat at 4:45pm and we had reservations for a private wine tasting at 5:15pm in the Claret room. We rushed showering and redressing and made it down to the tasting just a few minutes late. After we headed to the lounge to hear the plans for tomorrow's activities. Tonight's dinner was especially created for Uniworld by a Bordeaux Michelin 2 star chef. We also had secured dinner in the Claret private dining room. The meal was spectacular but mostly the dessert was out of this world chocolate gastronomy. Best dessert Ever.
A long day full of really great food and wine but tomorrow we continue the quest and go to St. Emillion. Bonne nuit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb