My stay in Biarittiz, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Biarritz
June 20th 2007
Published: June 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Sunset in BiarittizThe Sunset in BiarittizThe Sunset in Biarittiz

I love this picture!!
So the last stop in our excursion was to a French costal village called Biarittiz. It is a lot like San Sebastian, it is a beach city, big for vacactioning. We were only going to be there an hour with USAC, but we had the option to find our own hotel and stay. So of course I did that. My friends Jill, Kate and I found a good hotel for pretty cheap and had a fabulous time!

We just walked around the city a lot, mostly by the beach, because there are so many restaurants and shops around there. There was even a casino, but we couldn't afford to lose any money... I'm going broke as it is!

We bought some French bourdeux wine and drank some while getting ready. Then we ate at a brick oven pizzeria for dinner. I had the best veggie pizza of my life. We each also had a 1/2 liter of Sangria each... it was really cheap so we had to. Our waiter was laughing at us as we ordered one each, and by the way he was cute and spoke English... always a bonus when you are in France and only know how to say Bonjour and Merci.

After dinner we watched the sun set and it was so breath-taking, it even had some purple in it too! We then tried to find this open air dance club that was on the beach, but we are stupid tourist and couldn't find it... it may also have had to do with the fact that we drank a lot of Sangria.... you decide...

Instead we went to a bar/cafe by our hotel and had some white wine, and it was literally the best white wine I've had in my life, which isn't saying much I know, but it also only cost 2 euros. We slept in until 10 the next morning and unfortunately it was rainy all day, so we took a train back to San Sabby. We wanted to go to the beach there, but life isn't fair. We hope to go back for a day before we leave, because it is just nice to get out of San Sabastian sometimes.

oooo yea, I had crepes for breakfast and they were amazing... i just had sugar ones, but I absolutely loved them, so I will be eating more of them when I go to Paris with the fam.

It will be nice when we go to Paris, because Rachel can speak French. It was hard because we knew nothing in French and the people didn't know too much of English or Spanish, or at least they pretended not to... I mean they are the French!

I'm getting excited for classes to end, we only have 6 days of actual class left. Then I'm heading to Granada for 5 days by myself. It will be nice and relaxing, before I head out for 10 days with Rachel and Dad. I've done some research and there is so much to do there and I can even take an hour bus to the beach for an afternoon, so I can say I was in the Mediterranean Sea. I'll fill you all in on those details later!

¡Muchos Besos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Las Chicas!Las Chicas!
Las Chicas!

We are getting really good at taking pictures of ourselves, because we didn't know how to ask anyone in French to take our picture!
The Beach and SunsetThe Beach and Sunset
The Beach and Sunset

I could easily live here forever...
Our Night OutOur Night Out
Our Night Out

Post- 1/2 liter of Sangria Each!!


20th June 2007

i'm jealous of all your sangria adventures! beautiful pictures!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb