Day 8: Strasbourg to Neuf-Brisach 90km plus!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Neuf-Brisach
July 12th 2012
Published: July 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 8: Strasbourg to Neuf-Brisach

Weather- sprinkled a little on and off today as we rode but nothing so much that we got really wet. It was nice not to have the heat considering the distance we rode. We left about 8:00 and headed to the Chocolate Museum which was 'okay' but not really worth the delay in travel. We did however, have a lovely escort to the museum by two Route Security girls. We left there and started riding steady throughout the day. We stopped in a really nice little village at a bakery for pizza lunch, STRONG coffee, and a brownie for dessert. We rode abourt 60km along a paved canal with many locks and wonderful boats and people passing by us. We planned to ride longer today but even impressed ourselves as by the time we had pulled into a 'beautiful' campsite in Neuf-Brisach we had done over 90kms! The trike is working wonderfully as are we apparently. We are camped 2 minutes from the Citadel (Unesco World Heritage Site) of Neuf-Brisach. The architect who designed and built it was the original of the shaped Citadel. It is really amazing as it gives us great appreciation of the history. We landed in an amazing campsite where there is even (oddly) a Tipi! The owners are cyclists and have been more than accommodating. It was just a great day and we are again very pleased with our trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb