Colmar


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Colmar
December 26th 2008
Published: December 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This morning we jumped on the train to take a trip to Colmar. This is a smaller town about half an hour away, and is another one of the pretty little towns that are on the wine trail in this area. The town was beautiful, with lovely buildings and gardens, and the christmas markets had a great atmosphere. The first market was pretty traditional, but the second market we went to had all sorts of local artisans and antique dealers displaying their wares; we have seen some stunning jewellery today. We walked the town, and were really glad that we had made the effort to go there.
We then came back to Strasbourg and had a rest before walking into town once again after dark. We went a different way into town and walked past all the gorgeous old government buildings they have in this town; Strasbourg is the seat of the european government; and we were blozn away by the squares and blocks of wonderful historic buildings. We then went in to the christmas markets to get a quick tea, and take some more photos of all the lovely christmas lights.
Tomorrow we go back to Paris and will commence our last timeshare week. Not sure how easy it will be to keep this updated, so just in case; hope everyone has a safe and happy new year, and has made lots of excellent resolutions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb