Alright! I will do a blog!


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland
June 5th 2017
Published: June 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Alright, after a week into our 6 week holiday, I have caved in and am doing a blog. I really have some catching up to do. Let's get started.

May 27 we flew to NYC for the ultimate surprise on Nigel. It worked perfectly. Jean and Abigail had him pose in Time Square to take a photo. We photo bombed it! The look on his face when he realized who else was in the picture was the best ever! Amazing surprise for an amazing man - bam - nailed it! The next 3 days were full and fun doing all the tourist activities that the great city has to offer.

May 31 was one very long travel day. Flying through Iceland and Oslo before calling Bergen, Norway home for the next two days. After being up for nearly 24 hours, we were racing to the bed - to sleep!

Bergen is a beautiful city rich in history, as is all of Europe. We took the usual tours and did some sight seeing. The weather was great with plenty on sunshine - which we have not seen since.

Norway in a Nutshell was the path we followed to get us to our next stop which was Oslo. We started early on the morning of June 2 with a train, hopped onto a bus, cruised on a ferry, and 2 more trains. Again another long day of travel which was even longer when the last train broke down. Ten minutes outside a station and 2 hours from our final destination. We had to wait about about an hour and a half for another engine to come and get the 'train that couldn't'. This was the engine that could and did pull us to the next station where there were busses to take us the final 2 hours to Oslo. Arriving around 2:30am we were again racing to bed! Mind out of the gutter. We are way too tired to do anything other than sleep!

Oslo is extremely expensive! So, not much beer was drunk and eating was very limited. We survived! It is a beautiful, vibrant city. Lots to see and do, which we did. We have decided that if our life takes us to another place to live we will have to consider the price of beer first - no we don't have a problem!

This leads me to write about today, June 5. Up at the crack of dawn - no wait - dawn starts very very early in this part of the world. Anyway, we were up way too early to take another plane ride to Helsinki, Finland. We will be exploring for the next 2 days before heading off to Russia!

I have posted a few photos on my Facebook page and will try to figure out how to put some up here within the next few days. Beer here is cheaper and I have a cold one waiting for me right now. Stand by for updates!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb