I have a bike!! :D


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland
September 2nd 2014
Published: September 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

So the last two days have been a bit lazy, i don't start uni or, 'school' as everyone here calls it until tomorrow so Sheena and i have been mentally preparing our selves for the 7am 6km (four mile) bike ride to school. Yesterday i bought a bike, i've called it Bob the bike and in all honesty its going to be a life saver with distance to school and to the center of Hameenlinna, as everything in finland it was expensive to buy, even second hand at 120EUR but hopefully i can sell it back at the end of the term. The bike shop is about a mile away so after we'd popped into Lidl, (yes, mam i shopped in lidl, Dadda Ron would be proud!) to get some food and drink, i definitely over estimated how much orange juice i could carry on a bike and with a result was rolling down the hill instead of up it, we eventually got home and lazed the day away munching on snacks and catching up on facebook and the dailymail, (guilty pleasures...) Around five o'clock when everyone returned we gossiped about their day in uni and talked about how we had two new house mates, Elisabet from Germany and a turkish girl.. the less said, the better at the moment, put it this way if she thinks, amongst the cold, (why she chose finland is beyond me) and the boy and girl mixture of the house is bad...Neath on a saturday night would have her begging for our Sairio dorms!! We stayed up playing UNO until late, i say playing, its more like everyone taking advantage of my lack of knowledge of UNO... what happened to snap?! Since the first game lasted a good forty minutes i ended up going to Skype my parents which was more like my Dad farting his face off and my mother shouting from the otherside of the room avoiding the smell (soz dad.) Yesterday was the first day i think i felt a bit homesick, i had put my photographs of everyone at home, Caitlin and Eli, Sasha and Aoibheann, Tecwen, Maddog, my family and loads more, i think it made me think that even though i'm loving life over here i don't want to be left out of all the things i've done with everyone this summer but i'm missing you all loads and hopefully you can come and stay!!

Total 1/09/14

Hours slept: eight :D!
Miles walked/cycled : two.

Money spent: 149 EUR (booooo!!)

Word of the day : Culo. Spanish for Bum (basically in english (neath) Arse.)



I'm not going to do two separate blogs for today and yesterday because today i've been a lazy sloth.

Today when i woke up i planned on doing loads, i could tell this wasn't going to happen when i woke up at 8 and went back to sleep till ten.. woops. Instead i've lazed around the house watched a film spoke to Nan, its so strange not seeing her on a tuesday or a wednesday and knowing she doesn't really have skype or facetime sucks,(so Nans if you read this i love you loads and loads! ) After lazing allllll day, im sitting in my room, minding my own business when I see Marina being carried by Basile past my window... the next think im riding down the main street on my way to city market... about 2 miles there and 2 miles back... now for dinner with everyone and straight to bed for my first day at HAMK, on the plus side i already don't hate it as much as i hated Glamorgan this time last year haha!

To all my fashion design girls if you are starting placements this month or this week, GOOD LUCK!

Missing you all at home, Naca nutch.

Total: 2/09/14

Hours slept: 9

miles walked/cycled : 4!

Money spent: 2EUR



Word of the day: Moi (Hello) MOI-moi (goodbye) in finnish!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb