Sauna - I get what the big deal is now


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland
June 22nd 2011
Published: June 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had an amazing day today. Went and did some shopping and then went out to the Finnish countryside for some sauna and a bbq.

I believe heaven is a garden, with a lake on the side to jump into at will. We saw a little bit of heaven today. And every shade of green you have ever imagined in your life. It is so incredibly green here, you have no idea. It isnt too hilly, just covered in beautiful trees, grasses and everything just looks and feels soft.

Sauna is everything it is made out to be, and I dont believe a trip here would be complete without it. I mean, you really do just go in a box and sweat, but for some reason it is amazing! The pictures I am posting have just slightly capture the beauty of the area.

The food and company is great! Tomorrow - Helisinki proper!


Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



23rd June 2011
Photo 7

Best photo so far!
23rd June 2011
Photo 57

That looks delicious. What all is in there?
23rd June 2011

Amber, I recently learned about Akvavit or Aquavit. It looks terribly interesting and is supposed to be popular in that part of the world. You should try it if you can find it.
24th June 2011

the food
Elisa! There was corn on the cob, vegetable salad, some sausage and spicy mustard. It was a great meal.

Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb