Fine feathered friends in the Faroe Islands.


Advertisement
Europe » Faroe Islands » Streymoy
August 24th 2012
Published: August 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We seem to possess a certain proclivity to be present at opportune moments. In other words, sometimes we just step in it. Our arrival and check in at the domestic airport in Reykjavik went uneventfully. Next, the boarding processes had us ready to venture to the Faroe Islands for some more exploring. At the gate, there was a slight delay due to the weather and the next thing we know, a gentleman b... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Look no coatLook no coat
Look no coat

It is getting warm
Hydroelectric plantHydroelectric plant
Hydroelectric plant

harnesses the water
JensJens
Jens

and his collection of birds



24th August 2012

Puffins!
I'm glad you found your puffins. Frankly, I didn't even know what they were. Nor do I know a thing about Faroe Islands. You two educate me! Happy trip and keep safe, my friends!
24th August 2012

You'll have to read a little about the puffins
They are so pretty. We are glad to educate you. We should see you soon-- November.
24th August 2012

you blog
Great to see or should I say read, that you are having a great time, envious, enjoy
24th August 2012

Hello Andre,
So good to hear from you. We are having the time of our lives! This part of the world is simply gorgeous. Keep in touch. Glad you are following along.
24th August 2012

Puffins
I'm with MJ on the puffin front! What engaging birds. So glad you got to see so many.
24th August 2012

Hello Mert
Great hearing from you. They are amazing birds and we were happy to hang out with them. Thank you for your message.
24th August 2012
The Puffin Dance

puffins!
so cute, but I find these guys quite comical - I think it comes from watching too many animations :)
24th August 2012
The Puffin Dance

They are darn cute!
We were shocked, thrilled and amazed to see so many. It was wonderful.
24th August 2012

I'm so glad you got to see so many puffins in the Faroe Islands! We had a much harder time trying to find them in Iceland and only saw them by luck (not including a stuffed one that happened to decorate the cashier's register at a restaurant). It's great to hear that there's a spot where they are enjoying themselves by the thousands.
24th August 2012

Early June is the best time to see them
So good hearing from you. We are having the time of our lives and I am still giddy with happiness about seeing so many puffins. Wish I had my other camera....but life happens.
24th August 2012
Mysterious & Amazing

Lovely shot.
...and I would agree a pretty accurate title!
24th August 2012
Mysterious & Amazing

Thanks Jason
That is a compliment coming from you. Appreciate the fact that you have given our blog a glance. It is an amazing place.
24th August 2012

Painted puffins
Such lovely photos of the beautiful birds - their markings are lovely!
24th August 2012

Thank you so much for your message
So many lovely things to see.
24th August 2012

I am so glad you are having luck such as this. This trip sounds like it is incredible. And how different from your last trip. Morocco is so busy and fast paced, where this trip is about sitting and watching birds (and sheep) to your heart's content. Very very nice.
24th August 2012

We have enjoyed the pace
The puffins and sheep are giving us pleasure....watch for a new mascot coming soon! Miss you.
25th August 2012

Puffins
At least you got to see live ones. We only saw them on the menu in Iceland
25th August 2012

Yes, we feel fortunate.
Not sure I can eat one as they are too cute. Thanks for following along.
25th August 2012
Mykines is the place to go

PUFFINS
Having been brought up on Puffin Books...never knew where they were from...now I know. And Faroe Islands...certainly know of them...a minnow in European football. There may not be many of them but I guess a tough lot. Enjoy.
25th August 2012
Mykines is the place to go

They are rather amazing birds
We loved watching their flight patterns. They have to be a sturdy breed to thrive in this ever changing wind and weather.
27th August 2012

Puffn Paradise
I'm back in wifi land, and what a treat to read of your amazing adventures. I love that you've ventured into lands so removed and are giving us a taste of them. I saw puffins in Alaska and northern Scotland, but they were far from me--you two have the puffin prize. Glad you got to see them so closely. I can hardly wait to see your new mascot!
27th August 2012

Hello Tara,
Hopefully, our new friend will make an appearance soon. This is a land of breathtaking beauty. Each day we think we have seen the most beautiful thing we will ever see and then we go around another corner. Keep on with the adventures.
27th August 2012

Hello Tara,
Hopefully, our new friend will make an appearance soon. This is a land of breathtaking beauty. Each day we think we have seen the most beautiful thing we will ever see and then we go around another corner. Keep on with the adventures.
27th August 2012

another vocab list!
I love it!! Looks like you guys have made a great start to your adventure :)
28th August 2012

Yes, we are doing ok.
And as you say....we are just getting started. Having a great time exploring new places and meeting new people.
27th August 2012

Nice one !
These puffins are sooo cute !! Great entry (once more) with some really good pictures, the mist giving a depth & somehow dramatic feel, thanks for sharing this adventure !(and the travel tips ...)
28th August 2012

Hi Laetitia
Great hearing from you. Yes, we are having a wonderful adventure. This part of the world is so beautiful. It is like living in a postcard. keep in touch.
17th July 2022

Inspiration
Yay! Great inspiration for my upcoming trip there, thanks MJ and Dave! I plan to visit similar places - Torshavn, Mykines and Vestmanna, and a few others. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the puffins!! :D
17th July 2022

Faroe Islands
This is one of my favorite places. We may need to go back some day. It is a lovely island. I'm looking forward to your blogs.
17th July 2022
A voyeur of puffins

Wildlife Watching
Great photo, it takes patience to observe wildlife, you look ready for the puffins here :D
17th July 2022
A voyeur of puffins

Patience
My patience was rewarded with thousands of puffins. I had tears in my eyes.

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 26; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb