London


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia
April 27th 2011
Published: May 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

London BridgeLondon BridgeLondon Bridge

Getting ready to join the thousands to enter the Tower
We arrived in London bring with us the most amazing weather. The warmest Easter in England on record. Most days the temperature was between 24 to 27 degrees. We spent our week in London staying with Bridget and Brendan. They have a flat in Putney. It overlooks a park and the Thames River. Its extremely handy to everything. A quick walk to the Tube station, or a bus.
Day one was spent walking around Putney. What a beautiful area. There are walkways all along the thames. In the afternoon we ventured into the heart of London, Hyde Park. As you can imagine London over Easter was very crowded. A sea of people everywhere. We hired a 'Boris Bike". These are scattered throughout central London. You supposedly pop your money in and you can bike anywhere and return it to any bike station. However it was often very difficult to get a bike out, often taking your money without giving you a code to unlock the bike. Its a great idea and these bikes although very heavy and unattractive very very popular. Tim was very reluctant to be seen on one, but in the end was persuaded as it is just such a great way to get about.Bikeways are all sign posted and there is little or no restriction on where you can go. There is a huge push to get Londoners out on bikes. Both Bridget and Brendan bike to work. Its far quicker.
I made it to Buckingham Palace, which was very crowded. Large


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Borough MarketsBorough Markets
Borough Markets

having lunch outside the markets
Borough MarketsBorough Markets
Borough Markets

I can't decide


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb