Stepping up in Estonia


Advertisement
Europe » Estonia » Tallinn
July 26th 2016
Published: July 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

<em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Day 185 Thursday 21st July 2016 – Athens to Tallinn Up at 4.15am for our flight today and after 185 days on the road we now work like clockwork in getting ourselves ready. Packed and checking out before we needed to but our taxi was already there so things were looking good. The hotel even prepared us a packaged breakfast which we didn’t have ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 64, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

TartuTartu
Tartu

Ruins of the Cathedral



29th July 2016

Tallinn and the Baltics
I was in Tallinn too in 2011. It is great to see how the 3 Baltic countries have developed after leaving the Soviet Union and how they have preserved their old cities. I also can recommend the castle in Kuressaare but it was unfortunately closed when I was there. I also was in Riga, Vilnius, Kaunas, Siauliai, Kaliningrad, Danzig and Marienburg/Malbork and this is a very interesting region.
29th July 2016

The Baltics
Both loved Tallinn and we are in Riga at the moment which is likewise fabulous, just really enjoying the architecture. Have been wanting to come here for a while and hasn't disappointed, just wished we had a bit more time to explore the country. but sometimes it is nice to miss somethings as it is a good excuse to come back.
30th July 2016
Tartu

Awww...
I love this statue in the fountain, but now I can't get Singin' in the Rain out of head... I don't know much about Estonia, so I really enjoyed this blog. Day 190 - pretty impressive trip :)
30th July 2016
Tartu

Singing in the rain
Funny enough we are in Riga at the moment and was sitting in a bar and it started to rain and a guy playing on a piano started to play that song and we lovelingly looked at each other and thought "God we are in the wrong bar". The statue has some ultra soppy story about lovers kissing for the first time and wanting it to last forever and that's what they got. Still not sure myself if being frozen in time is a good thing, but it is a FAB fountain.
7th August 2016

Lengthy trip
You've been on the road a long time and when you find a good breakfast it is a good day to celebrate. It is a wise move for a brewery museum to shut down when a thirsty Aussie is in town. ...but sorry you missed it. Do you feel like you have sensory overload at this point? When does your trip end? Love the looks of the old streets of Tallinn.
9th August 2016

Long Trip
Sensory Overload is starting to hit us and that is perhaps why we are being a bit more selective on what we are seeing now. Nor sure when we are heading home yet, it was going to be next year some time but we may have to wind it up earlier.
9th August 2016

Bravely done Shell!
What a pretty city....the overview of it is delightful....and the photo's are gorgeous....I must say I love the old European architecture, the castles and Cathedrals, spires and churches....all so once upon a time and magical, just like a fairytale.....that's probably why I find myself so dreamy when ever in them. The Lembit looked fascinating!
9th August 2016

Fairy tale based on group tourism
Tallinn from the heights was so beautiful and it sort of was at street level, except it was like a fairy tale overrun with tourists.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb