Tallinn


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Tallinn
June 17th 2015
Published: June 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We got up late and had to make a run for our ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn. Got To the ferry dock 20 minutes before it left. The ferry is about the same size as the SS Badger (Manitowoc to Ludington ferry), but taller. It has multiple restaurants and things to do. It is a recent vintage ship. As we made our way across the Gulf of Finland you could see the shores of Estonia and Finland. There were several container ships plying the waters around us. We did not get a cabin, but had "deck" seats. It cost us 36 euros a piece for the ferry .

Tallinn is an old medieval walled city. The old towne is mainly the walled portion, filled with many good restaurants and of course souvenier shops. It really has been left intact from a prior age. It seems similar to Cesky Krumlov in Czech Republic. Climbed a tower at St Olaf Cathedral for a commanding view of Tallinn. This will help us stay oriented.

We found our way to our place on Linda street. Lots of room in a residential area of Tallinn called Kalamaja. This is an area that is just up and coming.

Had dinner at a lovely Italian restaurant topped off with chocolate gelato. And we have not even started biking yet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb