Estonia


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Tallinn
April 13th 2008
Published: April 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

From Sweden I hoped on a ferry to Tallinn the Capital of Estonia to begin my journey through Eastern Europe. First off I have to say that the ferry had to be one of the weirdest experiences so far. The trip is sold as a cruise for families, but the main reason people go on it is for the duty free because things are so expensive in Sweden and Norway. Once the boat set off the line started out the door to and you could see people coming out with as much tobacco and alcohol they could carry. Then there was the entertainment lets just say it was like being in a lounge at Circus Circus in Reno ( yes, that good). Tallinn is a beautiful little city which you can tell is beginning to boom, but it still has a great old town that makes you feel like you were warped back to 1750. From Tallinn I ventured down to Tartu which is a small town in the middle of Estonia, not too much was going on because of easter and it was snowing the whole time but i was able to look around a bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

TartuTartu
Tartu

Love the weather..
The leaning buildingThe leaning building
The leaning building

I tried to find out the story with this one but it remains a mystery.


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb