Tatu At Sea


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Tallinn
August 31st 2003
Published: January 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The ship is a little bit worn down. Seems ok though, should manage not to sink at least for one more time on its route between Tallinn and Stockholm. Equipped with most facilities - bar, casino, nightclub, sauna, pool, stores, restaurant, sitting lounge - as slightly more modern ships, it appears to be a safe ride. Concerns arise when listening to the rigorous safety instructions, more detailed than those of any given airline. Why do we need to know that the car deck is super-waterproof? Shouldn't that be pretty obvious?

Then the memories go back to the fall of 1994. Estonia. One of the biggest maritime disasters in history. Only slightly less catastrophical than that of Titanic. The teenage girls in the sitting lounge certainly act as if this would be their last journey. Apparently they are on their way to Sweden, but they do not appear to be Swedish. Their kissing and hugging is taking place very openly. Odds are good that their biggest idols are Tatu, the rather pathetic, alleged lesbian pop-duo. Or maybe they've been watching "Fucking Åmål" too many times, this brilliant Swedish movie on teenage rebellion in Smallville Sweden. Or maybe they’re on their way to Stockholm Pride Festival. One week too late...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb