The Mob


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Uusimaa » Helsinki
August 22nd 2003
Published: August 22nd 2003
Edit Blog Post

The ferry ride between Stockholm and Helsinki is commonly known as a booze cruise. It is therefore no surprise that the gang in the pub is very happy. More surprising is that they are Italians, not very common at this latitude. La Cosa Nostra going into Finland? Naw, probably not. Rather a group of friends or colleagues going on a business trip or just entertainment trip. The guys are very loud. Not great singers, but louder than the lonely British guy with the guitar and microphone on stage. When the singer and the Italians join forces the party really kicks off. One Italian is allowed to borrow the guitar and sing a song. In Italian. "Da da da daaa, da da da daaa", and some Italian words. Nobody but the gang knows it. The rest of the crowd doesn't mind, but one song was the quota for the crowd. The rest was to be in English. By request. The singers seems a bit indecisive, don't know which songs to sing. But does a good job once he makes up his mind. The final song is democratically chosen. "Who wants to hear American Pie?". Chant. "Who does NOT want to hear American Pie?". Louder chant. "Ok, ain't gonna happen." he says and finishes off with some Oasis. A rather entertaining guy, deserved a better title than "Ferry Entertainer"...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.337s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb