Back on the boat to Tallin


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Tallinn
September 14th 2007
Published: September 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The cRAzY FrOgThe cRAzY FrOgThe cRAzY FrOg

What I would have loooke like flying a Russian fighter plane.
Well after Stockholm, which Mel and I decided was our second best city.(My first but after Mel's Sex in the City weekend in New York with her girlfriends, any city would be second to New York)
We boarded our "ferry" to Tallin, Estonia. We obviously had to book another broom closest with no window, it was the cheapest room and Mel's in charge of the cash. No luck with an upgrade this time.
It was a ship!!
3 Bars, 1 two story night club about 5 places to eat, and a duty free that was so large it had full size shopping trolleys.
After standing on the open 9th deck for cast off we then to explore. We had bought rolls and salads from the supermarket in Stockholm to have for dinner, but I decided that we had to have dinner in the restaurant. The sun was setting and the ferry travels through all the small islands on the way to the Baltic sea. It was beautiful and the food was GREAT, all you could eat buffet starting with quails eggs and caviar, wha hoo.....
We got to Tallin the next morning at about 10 in the morning.

A quick
Great barGreat barGreat bar

A few home made ciders went down a treat!
walk from the ferry terminal to our hostel in the old town and we were ready to explore.
Being a UNESCO world heritage site the old town is really beautiful but really touristy, which is not always a bad thing.It had great coffee shops restaurants and bars.It even had the DM bar which only played Depeche Mode music, the band members must have visited at some stage, there are signed posters and photos with the staff only in Estonia.

We bought a Tallin tourist card which allowed us free access to transport and sights including a visit to a spa and supercharged go-kart driving, which was great.

I don't know why I thought it was going to be warm but we were freezing our butts off. We found a great few bars, the best has to be Hell Hunt which had it's own beer and cider which went down a treat.

The city is stunning and a cheap place to go, the women are beautiful and the bar and club scene is amazing, hence all the Brits.... but still a place I would recommend to anyone to visit.
I managed to see SA beat England in
Beautiful!Beautiful!Beautiful!

The walled city is magnificent!
the rugby in an Irish bar off the main square.The victory was made sweeter by the fact we were sitting next to a group of 6 English guys.

Well I am sure there is loads more to tell about the place but I just can't think of much now.
Love to all Ken and Mel


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Breakfast of championsBreakfast of champions
Breakfast of champions

Pancake the size of my head! 2 quid!
Hot ChocolateHot Chocolate
Hot Chocolate

So much for the Ken holiday diet.


25th September 2007

Tallin
Hi Guys, not sure if you are still in Tallin, but go and check out the 'Depeche Mode' bar. Quite unbelievable and will take you back to your *ahem* 80's uuuth :)

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb