Old town Estonia


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Tallinn
August 20th 2005
Published: August 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi all, sorry it has been so long, but I have been pretty busy. The ferry over to Tallinn was very nice with a cafe and store on board. I thought it would travel a little faster being a hydrofoil, but we went a constant 38 MPH, still not bad at 1 hour 30 min for the crossing from Helsinki. Tallinn is a huge port for tourists and the streets of the old town was sort of like being in Disneyland. Filled with toursits with their cameras out taking pictures and buying trinkets, but the town has been put back into original condition and was filled with interesting buildings and it had a compleate wall around the city still in very good shape. It is one hill which was good for remembering which way you came from.

I stayed in a hostel that was really some 20 year old kids apartment with one bedroom that they put 3 beds in and 5 more in the main room and charge €15 each so they are doing very well as all the other places were totaly full. There was no shower there too. So they bring in €120 every night and the rent is €300 for the month. Not too bad. There were 3 Italians and 2 Pols, the guys that live there and me. We all went out for a beer, but there isn´t too much nightlife, especially Sunday night, but we had a good time talking and wondering the city. Everyone at the hostel was speaking english because it was the commen language, which was nice for me. Overall I had a very memerable time because of these guys and had a good visit there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb