Are Private Jet Charter Prices on the Rise?


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Paide
January 21st 2015
Published: January 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

When you are planning a trip one of the most important things to consider is how you are going to get there. Most people will simply book a flight with one of the well-known commercial airlines. However, hiring a private jet may be more affordable than you might think. The cost of hiring a private jet will depend on several factors.



If you are considering hiring a private jet the first thing that you need to have in mind is where you want to go. The distance between the two locations will define the size of the aircraft that you will need to get there. The longer the distance, the larger the aircraft that is needed. Another factor to consider is how many people will be traveling and the amount of baggage they will have with them. More people and more baggage require a larger aircraft. Other items that can affect the cost of hiring a private jet charter are the date and time you want to leave because prices will increase during times of higher demand.

While hiring a private jet has become a more affordable option for some people, the prices have seen an increase in recent years.

Are Prices of Hiring a Private Jet Increasing?



Recent data that was released by Avinode, which is a company that offers quotes on charter flights for over 3000 aircraft in the marketplace has shown that the price of charter jets has been on the rise in Canada and the United States.

According to the data there has been a steady increase in rates for charter jets over the past four years in both the United States and Canada.

When looking at specific aircraft you can see that the price for a Learjet 60 has been steadily climbing over the past four years. Over this same time frame the price for a Learjet 60 in Europe have been variable, but seem to be on an upward trend as well.

For other types of aircraft such as the Challenger 604 and the Citation Mustang, there has been a similar trend, with the rates in North America seeing a steady climb while rates in Europe have bounces around and stayed much lower.

What is the Difference Between the North American and European Market?

One of the major differences between the market in the United States and Canada and the market in Europe is the demand for the age of aircraft that is being requested. Nine percent of Europeans ask for an aircraft that is more than 20 years old where 41%!o(MISSING)f people from the United States ask for older aircraft. The average age for requested aircraft in the United States is 18.2 years and in Europe the average is 9.7 years. The fleet available in the United States is older and buyers tend to be used to flying these older models. If the interiors have been maintained the older aircraft can take you from one destination to the other more cheaply as long as you do not mind losing about ten minutes during the trip.

One other interesting thing to note is that according to the data from Avinode, the occupancy level for the aircraft is about 48%!f(MISSING)or lighter jets and around 55%!f(MISSING)or heavier jets on average. The capacity of the aircraft has a direct correlation with the price of the flight.

Despite the type of aircraft that is chosen, the demand for private jet charters will vary greatly throughout the year. The largest demand occurs during the holiday season. If you are planning to book a private jet during this time you should book it well in advance to guarantee availability and to get the best possible price.

Conclusion

If you are new to the charter market consider JScharter.com to learn more about the different options that are available to you. This is the best way to ensure that you are getting the most for your money. While the price of hiring a private jet has seen a steady increase over the past few years, often times it can still be cheaper to hire a private jet than it is to fly a commercial airline. If you are willing to travel at off times and have flexible dates for your trip, you can still find a really good deal on a private jet charter to get you where you need to go.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb