Copenhagen Delivers!


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
July 3rd 2017
Published: July 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

With this being our final stop in mainland Europe, we have our cites set on Iceland and a camper van to call home for 4 glorious days! We are, however, a little apprehensive as the weather shows rain and a high of 11C for the next four days.

Anyway, back to Copenhagen! What a grand city! Weather was not great but that didn't stop us. Yesterday was a great day for walking! Did a marathon of sight seeing. One of our stops was the very colourful and hippyish counter-culture, free love, Willy Nelson type of place called Christiania. "Mary Juana" being sold openly in little booths along a street called Pusher Street, graffiti on everything that stands still. Some of the graffiti is not graffiti but rather beautiful murals. Some pretty artsy people there! Dogs roam free and will hump anything standing still too.

We saw lots of history but the highlight, to Colin, was the $140 million yacht that was docked. It required more staff then guests (20 staff and only 14 guests). We had to decline so we have a flight tomorrow morning.

We also happened to come upon a great place to eat. Beer was relatively cheap and the food was all different kinds of street food from different countries. Had to make a stop there for a late lunch today before coming to the hotel at the airport.

So, now we are preparing for Iceland! Not sure what the wifi situation is going to be; not sue what the weather situation is going to be; not sure what this camper van situation is going to be, the shower, or the food or the beer or anything else for that matter. But that is what makes this all such a wonderful experience! Can't wait.

Will post moe if I get wifi but if not, I will update upon our return home on the 8th!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb