Vision of the Seas


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
June 19th 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 55.6763, 12.5681

Our cruise ship for the next 11 nights. Frankly, I miss the old ship. As far as a comparison goes, Vision of the Seas is inferior to the Adventure of the Seas in every way. Its 4 decks smaller, older, with less features, shops, activities and options. I'm not complaining too much, its still nice enough and we have an exciting itinerary ahead of us! Germany, Sweden, Latvia, Estonia, Russia and Finland the counties we will get to visit.
Finding the ship was first on todays agenda. We checked out, followed receptions advice and caught a combination of metro and train to Osterport. Finding the ship from here was a chore. The port was a ways from the station so we headed towards the port. We found ship after ship, but alas not the one we sought. I asked directions, and of course our ship was at another area of the port. All in all we spent probably nearly an hour in total hiking with our packs, before arriving at the ship.
Check in went smoothly enough, a relief given this cruise was sold out and I booked this through some random British travel agent. We had lunch around noon in the Windjammer (buffet) cafe, whilst waiting for access to our staterooms. We are on deck 2, a quiet room, no windows and no light, comparable to our last cruise room.
Dinner was delicious but late. Our sitting is 8.45, and we were a little disappointed to be stuck with each other for a table of 2, rather than have a large group table and get to meet new people. Our shore excursions are still a work in progress, we are booked in for Russia, thinking of cancelling a couple to do our own thing, and will organise something for Germany tomorrow.
On a frustrating note, I'm sick. I fear its getting worse, and tomorrow could be tough. I'm taking it easy and have purchased some cold and flu tablets on the ship. We have Germany tomorrow then a full day at Sea before Visby. I want to be well by then.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb