Roskilde


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
May 15th 2016
Published: May 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

It was my last day with my copenhagen card, so I took the train to visit the city of Roskilde. It is really small, when compared with Copenhagen, but it was once the capital of Denmark. This is a really nice and pleasant city. At first, I just went there to see the museum of Viking's boat, but I really enjoyed to walk in Roskilde. The museum was also really good. It is a small museum, so there's not so much to see, but it was very complete and I learned a lot about the vikings and their boat. There are lots of activities, which can be done. For exemple, you can sail on a viking boat for half an hour, make your own little ship in wood with their tools or wear vikings clothes, which is very well done and fun. They also rebuilded some viking boats based on some parts of the original ones! Then, I almost skipped Roskilde cathedral. I would have regretted it a lot. The cathedral regroups most of the remains of the dead kings and queens of Denmark. I was shocked by the beauty of the tombs. Really, it was shocking. This is definitely not something that can be described with words or pictures. You must feel it yourself to understand. So this is an important advice of mine : If you come to Compenhagen, you must visit the town of Roskilde and its two places !


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



17th May 2016
Roskilde

Belles photos
Elles sont vraiment très belle tes photos, ça a l'aire vraiment cool ton voyage^^ profite bien et bonne aventure ^^
20th May 2016

Merci
Merci! Bon faut aussi dire que j'ai choisi les meilleurs photos parmi la soixantaine que j'ai prise, elles ne sont pas toutes aussi belles ^^'

Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb