Fyns Hoved Fyn island DENMARK


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
June 17th 2010
Published: June 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our 15th wedding anniversary.
Slight change of plan today. Ended up at the tip of the island of Fyn at FynsHoved rather than somewhere down in the middle at Ringe.
Grey start to the day and drive back across causeway to Jutland mainland then across the bridge to Fyn in direction of Odense was very flat, very green and not terribly interesting (I nodded off, fortunately Bob, at the wheel, didn’t !).
We thought we might stop in Odense but guide book was not very helpful as to ‘attractions’ and we found ourselves out the other side before we had decided whether to stop or not. So we didn’t. Odense is famous for Hans Christian Anderson but not a lot else.
We headed north up the island instead to the fishing village (town !) of Kerteminde. Parked on the edge of the harbour (where we attracted other motorhomes as usual) and went for a walk round. Some super old buildings, nicely restored and great shots across the harbour as light lovely and reflective of the blue sky.
Decided to head to the tip of the island via the lanes and on the way saw some fantastic timber framed, thatched houses. Village
BobBobBob

on a rock by a gorgeous pale blue sea
of Viby was especially super. Countryside gorgeous and a little reminiscent of Slovenia. Camera a click click all the way to FynsHoved where we found a campsite and decided to stay.

Pitches are huge and the air is loud with birdsong. Back of campsite goes down to a pebbly beach where the sea is the palest pastel blue. Front goes to the road and a walk, which we did after dinner, round a beautiful calm little bay. The roadside is full of sweet smelling broom, honeysuckle and bright pink wild roses. A treat of perfume. Then we saw a stag, romping across someone’s garden before it disappeared into the woods behind. Magic end to a lovely day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Lovely calm bayLovely calm bay
Lovely calm bay

with a foreground of sweet smelling roses
HertemindeHerteminde
Herteminde

fishing village


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb