RIBE Denmark


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Syddanmark » Ribe
June 14th 2010
Published: June 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Coming into EsbjergComing into EsbjergComing into Esbjerg

Glad I bought a new thicker fleece
Woke to a grey day but sea lovely and calm so a good crossing. Out on deck to watch our arrival into Esbjerg it was really chilly with a most un-summery arctic wind.
Getting through the port meant a quick wave on our way from the customs police and we were straight out on the road to Ribe which is just about 20 miles further south.
This is a very flat area and very green except for a lining of blue lupins in the verges along the way and the white of the wind turbines. That enthusiastic turbine salesman who we first came across on the North Moroccan coast has been to Denmark as well !
Our campsite in Ribe is superb. The pool looks lovely - unfortunately too chilly to try it as thought hypothermia might come into play if we did. Beautifully sunny and blue sky by mid-afternoon but the arctic wind gave a negative nasty chill factor.
We always give campsites our own personal rating. This one is off the scale.
The sanitaires are better than any facilities we have at home, even including our outside super loo (as that doesn’t have piped subtle music or underfloor heating).
Arrived in DenmarkArrived in DenmarkArrived in Denmark

Port of Esbjerg - only saw it for 5 minutes and then we were off down the road to Ribe
Bob says if it gets any colder we should take our quilt and sleep in there. The children's bathroom area is so fantastic I took photos. I would love Izzy to have a sink like the one in the photo.

The Tandy is behaving very well except for hiding a few things here and there. It has so many storage areas, all over the place, that it is really hard to remember exactly where we put everything. Today we just lazed around the campsite and got to know our new motorhome.
Tomorrow we will begin our exploration of Denmark with the very old town of Ribe which is only a mile away so we will walk instead of being lazy and using the scooter.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Camping RibeCamping Ribe
Camping Ribe

The sanitaires at Camping Ribe are superb. This photo is in the children's area. What child would not want to wash in that sink and shower ?


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb