From Legoland to Very old Land


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Syddanmark » Ribe
August 9th 2023
Published: August 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Early’ish start today. Well almost. We are off to Bilund to visit Legoland.

Out of Aarhus a different way to where we had seen before. Nice views and different roads. Still raining though. On the way Jessica called do we spoke to her while we drove.

Good to catch up and share news. Even got to chat with Pippa when Jessica finally got home.

Rain stopped, rain started. Not looking great for our day walking Legoland.

Got to the parking area and by then the rain had abated. Walked in and straight into the shop. Interesting items on sale but no real bargains here.

Wandered off into the open spaces. Some amazing Lego builds as we walked. Rained again but we were in one of the areas they have where you can add to the already built models.

Back out and more wandering. This place is an amusement park with lots of other Lego things to see and do.

We skipped the rides and queues. Just interesting seeing the smiles on some of the kids faces about what they were seeing and doing.

Enough of Legoland. Found out that Lego house had a history of Lego. Tried to get tickets but all sold out today. Did a drive by - massive building in the Centre of Bilund. Had a snack and coffee there before we moved on.

Now to our overnight place - Ribe. A historic old town. Found our way there and to our hotel. Built in 1581. Up to our room. Yes, the foundations are from 1581. Our room slopes big time. You walk through a head hitting door into the room. Very spacious but also very sloping. You actually walk uphill to the end of the room. The bed slopes from right to left so Chris might fall out of bed tonight.

Walked the town then found an Italian place for tea. Very nice food.

Walking back to the hotel and there was a crowd outside our hotel. This is an organized free waking tour of Ribe. Chris has had enough but suggests I go on the tour. Ok.

Away we go. The boss is dressed in old style Danish clothing with a stick with knife blades in various angles. Some sort of weapon but I missed that bit of the chat.

We did the points of interest in the town and his commentary was fantastic. Over 180 in the group according to him.

Found out lots about the town. Many buildings were burnt in the 1500’s and then the-built.

Eventually got back to our hotel where the tour started. Great effort and well appreciated by the crowd.

Now to deal with the sloping floor…….


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb