Day three 2023 three countries and a drive


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Syddanmark » Billund
July 26th 2023
Published: July 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Since having a small person, we now do longer drives with more nights in one place. Usually that's fine. Occasionally we get bitten by extra long drivings. Today was that day. After, honestly, the best nights sleep I've had in 8 years, we left as planned at 10.15. by 10.25 we were heading back to the hotel to fetch the blanket we'd left behind. 10.40 we were back on route but the sat nav had added a lot of time to our journey in the window from turning around to setting off again. Within fifteen minutes the traffic had stopped, an accident had shut the motorway and the bottleneck added a good two hours to our journey. But in the manner of a Zen master, we just had to accept it and get on with it.

Our first stop for a sandwich was in the smallest services but a welcome return of the self cleaning toilet seat, what more could you want for service station entertainment?

Once more on our way, we successfully navigated all the way to a Macdonald's for tea, still in Germany but accompanied by wasps despite the lovely cooler temperatures than usual. Finally the Danish border was in sight. Unfortunately Ash decided that we were a lorry and instead of driving straight through, followed a bemused lorry driver past an even more bemused border person (this being one of the few European borders with anything more then a sign)...... One final stop was at Netto. We whizzed around collecting our stuff only to have to spend seventeen years at the self checkout, I think clicking the 'English' button on it caused a malfunction so the poor checkout guy had to release more of our items then not as they 'weren't recognised'.

Finally, with one tiny wrong turn we made it to our fabulous home for the next three days. Tomorrow Legoland and possibly the most excited stuff year old in Denmark 😍

Advertisement



Tot: 0.479s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb