A bit boring at Svanholm


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Sjælland » Roskilde
March 19th 2009
Published: March 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Things in Svanholm have been a bit boring lately as most of the teenagers have gone to Ireland for a week with school. Lucky for them, they will be there for St.Patty´s Day which should be pretty fun.

I also got some crappy news from the Roskilde Festival which told me that they have had far too many requests for volunteer work and I will have to apply for 2010 if I want to volunteer. But, the guys came up with a better idea. Instead of volunteering for 24 hours, we will pick bottles at the festival for a few hours each day. One fellow from Svanholm did that 8 hours a day for the entire festival and saved up enough money for a 3 week vacation to Turkey. I´m not sure if that shows you how much money you can make if you´re determined or how much the Danes consume in booze at a festival? Either way, I think if we spend a few hours here and there picking bottles, we can make a decent amount of money to cover the costs of the ticket. Not only that, I figure we can brew our own beer at Svanholm and bring some of our own food which should help cut down costs.

The new Italian guest is fitting in quite nicely and he is teaching us a few Italian words each day. You might wonder, ´Why bother learning Italian?', well, it just so happens that 4 of his friends from Italy will be coming to visit fairly soon and their English isn´t very good. Plus, they´re Italian girls. The only problem is, they come from a Catholic culture so they probably won´t be very interested in us until they see a resume or I convert or something. Suffice to say, Conrad says that Italian girls are not liberal like Danish girls. Oh well, there are plenty of girls in Copenhagen.

The summer is rolling around quite nicely and everything is really starting to green up. We tried going to the beach today after giving our bikes some oil and fixing the tires but one of the guys bikes broke down after 2km and we had to come back. They say that you can only swim in Denmark around May or June but I told the guys that if they all chipped in some cash I would go for a dip on the weekend.

Hope the weather is holding up back home!

Vi ses,
Nicholai




Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb