Zealand explored, Denmark ??


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden
June 20th 2017
Published: June 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We had a leisurely wake up, breakfast and set off around Zealand island, Denmark. First we visited The Little Mermaid, which we had only seen her behind from our canal cruise a couple of days ago. Today, we decided to see her face.



After we left her, we ventured along to the cruise terminal where we caught a distance glimpse of the famous Øresund Bridge, which is the longest combined road and rail bridge in Europe, connecting Copenhagen to Malmö, Sweden. It is approximately eight kilometres long. It is significant to us as we have watched a lot of Nordic Noir television recently and it features regularly in the shows, particularly The Bridge- upon which is the setting for a crime scene, shared and solved by Danish and Swedish detectives.





We then drive along the picturesque coastline up to Northern Zealand. There were some magnificent mansions along the way and charming villages. We stopped for coffee and soak up some warmth from the sun by the water. We could see Sweden from Zealand and it appeared closer as we drove further north to Helsingor. We stopped there for lunch- we tried smørrebrød and a local beer and drink.





After lunch we skirted the island, tucking in and out of beaches, stopping to see the white peaks formed by the wind. The return journey was relatively uneventful back to our accommodation, where we relaxed for a while before going out for our last dinner in Denmark. We had to re-pack and organise as we have a very early flight tomorrow to the northern part of Norway and thand Arctic Circle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb