Legoland and Aarhus, Denmark ??


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Syddanmark » Billund
June 20th 2017
Published: June 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We had an early start to dodge the 1.2 million city dwellers of Copenhagen to make it across Fyn Island over to Jutland, home of Legoland. The journey itself was really interesting, incredible bridges and wind turbines rising up from the water, rotating with the power of the wind. It was the most expensive toll I have ever paid which was about forty dollars.



We spent a few hours enjoying the masterpiece constructions and going on rides- giggling like children as we re-lived out childhood. It was another hot day in Denmark and we were both sunburnt. Unfortunately, I had acquired a cold which I initially thought to be have Hayfever from the pollen from all the wild flowers we had been immersed in... but no, it was worse than the Anti-histamine could manage.



From Billund, we drove up to the Lake District with the view of going for a walk, but time was against us so we decided upon a drive through the quaint villages and admiring the farmland, gardens, trees surrounding lakes near Silkeborg.



From there we continued to Aarhus, the second largest city in Denmark. I had been there sixteen years ago, not that I recognised it with all of the development, but Marcus had not been there before, so we wandered around, trying to identify scenes from Dicte Nordic Noir television series we had watched prior to coming away. We were able to ascertain a couple of places only. It was a very pleasant afternoon.



We ate an early dinner along the canal before catching the last ferry back to Zealand island. We docked seventy five minutes later at Sjællands Odde, which was a narrow peninsula at the top of Zealand Island. We drove down the narrow land, widening with each kilometre back to Copenhagen in the south. It was a very picturesque drive. They seemingly have no native animals that come out at dusk like we do, which made driving a little easier. We arrived at sunset back to Nørrebro about ten oclock, by which time I was full of the flu and ready of bed. I had a hot shower and tucked myself into bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb