walk, talk, and walk some more


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
July 7th 2006
Published: July 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

top of st. paul's cathedraltop of st. paul's cathedraltop of st. paul's cathedral

it's huge. this is just the topping...literally. hehe...he.
a warm hello to everyone from way up north. =) i am in denmark and have officially started classes. i was in london for a few days before arriving here and had an amazing time. my professor hooked lisa and i up with a place to stay. we were very lucky to stay at such a beautiful place and pay almost nothing.

my initial arrival in london was kinda confusing. we were able to take the express train from the airport, then get on the tube (underground train) and finally get off in the area my prof had told us to. from there, we got lost. after walking for about 20 minutes with a medium-sized suitcase, a daypack, and a backpack it was just a sign of things to come as far as the walking and sweating goes. (i carried the daypack on the front of me, and a backpack on the back, so looked like a traveling pregnant turtle). we eventually saw a friendly looking guy (he was korean...shout out to you george), and were able to find the flat from there.

within five days in london i went to st. paul's cathedral and saw the most men
one of many gatesone of many gatesone of many gates

the gate into the financial district through which the suits came in and out of.
in suits (beautiful suits might i add) that i've ever seen, visited notting hill which is where the movie notting hill with hugh grant was filmed to refresh your memory, saw a cricket game, watched the germany - argentina game in a pub full of chanting, drunk germans, and saw the city from a members only balcony at tate modern to name a few. we also hit some nerdy architecture sites of course.

i miss you all and i'll be updating this every now and then as i travel through scandanavia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

notting hillnotting hill
notting hill

where's hugh grant?
lord's cricket groundslord's cricket grounds
lord's cricket grounds

the announcer's booth is done by future systems (that's an awesome arch firm in london for the non-nerds).
british museumbritish museum
british museum

the old building with a new roof done by norman foster.
londonlondon
london

view from tate modern


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb