When Eliza met Karen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
November 17th 2009
Published: November 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After Paree i parted from my fellow travellers and flew on up to Copenhagen. And i would be greeted at the airport by someone whom i had never met but would be staying with for a week. This person was Karen. A dear friend of Tiffany's whom knew her from her stay in England a few years back.
I arrived in Copenhagen at the same time as 3 plane loads of soldiers returning from the middle east. So the arrival gates were filled with cheering families waving flags and lots of soldiers. I lingered as i didnt want to walk out with a group of soldiers, and waited for the opportune moment to which i wouldnt receive any cheers. I met Karen and we returned to her apartment. THe week was spent meeting some of her friends she is studying with and visting the beautiful city of Copenhagen. I went to a free quartet perforjmance in the Black diamond, went on a Canal tour and saw the little mermaid. I also watched a lot of movies. On my last day i attended rowing practice with Karen and i went out on the motor boat with her while her crew rowed alongside. It was absoloutely freez ing!!! But the lake was amazing..
The weather was, how should i put this, umm cold! it snowed one of the days. pretty heavily as well. But it melted as soon as it hit the ground. This week spent lazing and sightseeing was one i favoured as it wasnt intense touring and i met some rather brilliant people.

Just a short entry but an entry none the less.


PS. Our second last day in Paris we climbed the Eifel Tower. We did walk although i HAD considered getting the elevator as i had climbed the stairs before. And my final night in Paris i watched the entire first season of Will and Grace. 😊 very nice! I guess you could say i havent lost my love of Film and Television having not had it for most of this trip!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb