je t'aime


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 30th 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I love Paris! Well i love all of France. I do wish i could speak french and soon i will but for now i can only admire this city. I have been here a week already and it has flown by so quickly! We have walked a million miles. Our first day was Jessie's birthday and we went out for lunch. Then walked up to Sacre Couer. It is only a 5 minute walk from our apartment. It is so pretty from the outside. Im not sure what days we have done what so ill just let you know what has taken place in the past week.
We walked to the le tour de Eifel but didnt climb it. We got all out photos becasue the sky was blue and the weather was warm! we were back in t shirts at the start of this week. its been 19 degrees for the past few days. Walked along the Seine to the Notre Dame. Taken our photos outside the Louvre. We are heading in there tonight because apparently its free on a friday night for under 26 year olds 😊 Last night Jess and I walked up the Arc de Triomphe and watched the Eifel Tower light show. Its happening for the next few months to commemorate an anniversary of some years. Saw the rubies and diamonds of the Champs Elysees. Then the moulin rouge all lit up. Out apartment is on the same road as the Moulin Rouge but we havent been. Also went to Versaille yesterday morning. The palace was extranagent. In the Kings room there was a sign that read something along the lines of "this is where the royal rising and going to sleep ceremonies took place" WHAT THE?!! anyway the gardens were HUGE! we walked around for about 2 hours and id say we only saw a quater. Very beautiful though.



The end of busabout
backtracking......
From Cesky Krumlov we bussed it to Vienna for a 2 day stint there. The first day we walked around and saw some churches. to be honest i cant really remember. That night was spent at the aussie bar down on the corner from our hostel. The sold cheese and vegemite toasties!! ARGH! i had 2 😱 also sold these drinks called Carlys Winner which consisted of Baileys Kahlua milk abd milo! very yummy!
On our second day in Vienna it was Jess D birthday. So what we did was head on over to the Vienna theme park and had a birthday party of sorts. We went on 3 rides and had strawberries and chocolate stick things. we went and saw what we thought was a spanish riding school rehearsal.. turns out it was their morning ride mit musik! very enthralling :S
Jess' birthday night we went to the Opera. standing room for 4 euros. But i didnt understand anything. not just cos the language was different but i couldnt even pull together just from watching the actors on stage. seeing as there was a women and i thought they were lesbains but turns out the women actor was playing a woman dressed as a man Woah! but Jess kind of fainted so i took her back to the hostel at half time. which was good cos my legs were hurting anyway. Next day was a bus day then we were in Munich. Only for the night so we bought some of the pizza we had on our first shot through munich. but the weather was miserable so we pretty much stayed in the hostel.
Bus day again the next day beginning at 8 am and arriving in Paris at 9 pm. it wasnt a full bus so we all got 2 seats to ourselves which was good. The onboard entertainment today was The DaVinci Code and Moulin Rouge. Both destination appropriate. Also Scrubs and Greys Anatomy.
And that brings us to the beginning of Paris. I have had alot of Microwave dinners. because we are stying in an apartment. The electricity is a bit dodgy though as everything in the kitchen shocks you when touched!! We have coooked twice. Burritos the other night were delicious and pasta a few nights ago.
I have had some crepes and also mirangues. And a lot of baguettes. We did have a frnehc night the other night as well. We got Baguettes and brie sundried tomotoes and olive dip. And just ate at the table. Like a little inside picnic!
I only have less than a month left which is crazy but it has all been very tiring so getting home i think my body will be greatful for the rest it will receive 😊

Advertisement



6th November 2009

Bonjour
Bonjour Eliza espère que vous vous sentez bien et avez un temps magnifique. J'apprécie vraiment lire votre blogs et nous attendons impatiemment de voir bientôt. Amour Aunty Deb x
15th November 2009

Quick Hi
Hi Eliza, have been flat out, so had not caught up on your news for a while. France sounds wonderful but I see that you are a couple of weeks behind, it being the 15th November today! Tom is booked to fly to Paris on the 8th Dec until the 15th January lucky thing. I look forward to your next installment. love A. Lynne P.S. Most days in the 30's here for the last two weeks!

Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb