09/13/2009 - Boarded Emerald Princess in Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
September 13th 2009
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got up, packed, ate breakfast and took a taxi to the ship. We wanted the driver to take us by the "Little Mermaid" so I could get pictures from the front as the canal pictures show her backside. However, he didn understand us and must have thought when we said Mermaid that the ship was named Mermaid as we went straight to the port. We were on board by 12-12:30 p.m. Grab a bite to eat at the buffet and then Judy & I toured the spa and entered contests. I won a free foot/ankle massage and a lady who didn want it gave me her coupon for 50% off a hot-stone massage. Judy won a free couples mud rasul, where you exfoliate your body in salt and essential oils, lather yourself in cleansing mud and relax in a private steam chamber - wash it off and end with a full body massage. Roxie got 50% of a couples massage. We are on the Emerald Princess which is the same ship Stephanie and I were on in December 2007/January 2008 for New Years with the Cooke's in the Caribbean. The ship is full to capacity with about 3000 passengers. 1000 of us are continuing on the 18-day transatlantic portion of the trip. After dinner Judy and I went to the Welcome Show and heard a very funny comedian and saw an illusionist’s performance.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb