Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
May 24th 2009
Published: May 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So here we are, in Kobenhavn. The flight was good, I wish only that we had more sleep. Ania slept maybe 3-4 h. and me maybe 1 h. together. We arrived an hour early, took the train to the centre and hit hotel at 9.30, got hotel and we were ready to explore the city. Our hotel, Saga, is very basic, but clean with breakfast and very close to the train station and come with good breakfast.
I have to say that Ania was very good, walk with me almost without the complain. Since we started earlier, we could go a see the change of the soldiers in fron of royal palace. They are dressed in this fancy, old fashion clothes with big, fur caps(hats?). It was kind of show for turist, unfortunately we did not understand all the moves. One was very funny; at certain moment on of the soldiers check kind old fashion coat hanging in the red cones and said: "pst, pst" and unless it means something in danish it had to be a certain military code. Ania liked "the staring contest", when the changing guards whre staring at each other for a long, long time without moving. When on of the guards was changed by another and they were staring at each other in front of the whole bunch of tourists, one could not help and started to laugh, it add a human touch.
Then we took a boat tour through the chanels, which go through ol part of the city ( similar to Amsterdam), worth to take. It was cold and windy so Ania suffered and could not enjoy it fully (poor california girl!).
Next we took a walk to the Rosenborg castle (old king castle), where in treasury Ania was wildly impressed with crowns, all kind of ivory decorations and of course tiaras and diamont and emerald neckleses. She behaved like Marilin Monroe in Boys Prefer Blondes. The castle is not a big one, with room decorated with old furniture, paintings portraits and whole bunch old decorative stuff. After visiting the castle we were very tired so we took a nap in the beautiful castle park under blooming trees and lilacs. After that we were realy ready to go to the hotel and hit the bed. the weather started with the rain and ended with sun still on the colder side. For dinner we ate local hot dogs from the stands which are very tasty and served with several unusual condiments and sauces, for dessert we had a very good icecream. Copenhagen is flooded with bikes and blond people wearing black coats, I definetly stood up as a turist with my light green jacket. Today Roskilde and Viking Museum.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb