Down to Denmark


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
September 25th 2007
Published: October 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello, hello!

And then there was Denmark. It wasn't supposed to be, but like always, being so close it was impossible to resist. Once we had covered the length of Sweden, we hopped a boat to Denmark to see the little country so famous for beauty and Christiania. Interestingly, we happened to show up in time for the anniversary of Christinaia, and that was something simply beyond words! (And beyond pictures)

Arriving in Denmark, we were no longer able to camp anywhere, which had been the case through the other Scandinavian countries, so we were now faced with new challenges... parking, but also somewhere we could get back to and sleep in the car. This led to a few interesting experiences, from camping out under the fluorescent glow of a McDonald's sign to loosing the car after a crazy night out and a few too many drinks. Luckily, we were eventually able to relocate it, after a lot of local help and a bit of a scavenger hunt ;0)

We also met up with a buddy we had met previously while hiking in northern Sweden and ended up with the best hookup ever. What luck, an American transferred on work had not yet found living accommodation so was being put up in the Hilton. He had free buffet breakfast, access to an amazing lounge, a delightful shower with all the little gels and soaps, and a spare bed for us to share.... can you even imagine the image of us, hiking boots and frazzled hair, strolling in! Luckily we had the car, so we were able to stash our large bags and maintain a wee bit of dignity!

So - with Josh in tow, we set out to explore and ended up with some amazing local dishes and more nights out than was good for our livers! But, it was a fantastic experience and we enjoyed plenty of sunsets, old town, and local life.

From Jacuzzis to the Hilton - imagine!

Trish xxx






Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

SunsetSunset
Sunset

in Denmark!
Camping...Camping...
Camping...

sort of....


Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb