On the road again


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
September 8th 2007
Published: September 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Or as Rob would say: enough leavers drinks, when the hell are you two going to bugger off ?

We left England beautifully, on Friday form Harwich port in Essex, on board a ferry to Denmark.
What a way to go, we had booked a cabin, actually a broom cupboard,
(Mel was trying to be thrifty and made me book the cheapest cabin onboard, which did not even have a window) but with a stroke of luck we were upgraded and found ourselves in a small cabin with window and bathroom.
The Ferry had a bar, cafe and resturant and movies in the room, and would take us to the West coast of Demark in 19 hours.

After a good sleep and trip we got to the East coast of Denmark, boarded a train and 3 hours later we were in Copenhagen.
Not the quickest way to go, but then again we are unemployed.

I had booked us into a budget hotel close to the central station which ended up to be a good location.

Wagamamas for dinner and off to bed.

The next morning (Sunday) we wondered around city which is small and quite pretty.
Classy cabinClassy cabinClassy cabin

Better than the broom closet.

I am sorry this entry is so boring but we just did the normal tourist stuff, eating, shopping and dangling from from 40 meter chain swings, as you do (the is an amusment park called Tavoli in the center of town which we visited.)

A word of warning: It is EXPENSIVE, for some reason you can eat quite resonably but any liquid costs bit bucks. We watched the SA rugby match in a pub and paid 4 Pounds for a pint of Sprite. ( I found it difficult to obey my thirst again)

Well Copenhagen was a good start to the trip but we must be off.
Tomorrow night we catch a 30 minute train to Malmo, then an over night train into Stockholm.

Ken and Mel xxx








Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

On the tavoli chain swingOn the tavoli chain swing
On the tavoli chain swing

Swinging high above the city.


16th September 2007

Drink
Luister nou goed, julle twee, as julle dink koeldrank is duur in Copenhagen, dan moet julle liewer nie 'n bier in Stockholm probeer koop!! Lekker ry, ne?

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb