Beer Tasting Tour


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
August 26th 2005
Published: August 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi All

I arrived Safely in Sweden and on Friday Hanna took the day off work. We took the train into Copenhagen. WHAT a city.. it is absolutely beautiful..
We walked from the train station to the city hall and looked around.. inside it was like a square and was completely open..
Then we found an outdoor cafe and ordered a beer. We were asked small or large, and of course we said large... This was the biggest glass of beer i have ever drank. It was a full litre.. now thats a lot of beer at 11 am but we managed..and so from there, we dubed our trip the beer tasting tour of Copenhagen.

We actually looked around Copenhagen a lot, went into some catherdrals and churches which Hanna just LOVES to do.. haha, we went by the Royal Palace and took our pictures with the guards.. we took a walk out along the harbour and saw the little mermaid statue thats out on a big rock.. and we drank beer and ate herring...

Then we went to this area of Copenhagen called Christiana.. its a hippie commune and they dont have to follow all the same rules as the rest of Denmark. I guess the government tried to clean it up but it was pretty much impossible, so they just leave them to themselves. We had a beer and when we left, the sign at the exit actually said ´You are now entering the EU'.. crazy...

We took the train back to Malmo, went to Hanna´s and had a quiet night drinking wine.. haha

Hope everyone is well..

Tami

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb