Denmark - Copenhagen


Advertisement
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
February 18th 2019
Published: February 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Dear All Greetings from London – I have just returned from a lovely four-day trip to Denmark, and plan to write up my adventures there in three blog entries over the coming weeks. I have taken a cue from some of my fellow travel bloggers on here, in not always writing whilst on the road, as this seems to take valuable time away from the travels! I plan to continue to write whilst on the road du... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 64, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

A Lovely End to the Day!A Lovely End to the Day!
A Lovely End to the Day!

Pegasus Bed and Breakfast, Helsinge



23rd February 2019

Linguistics and more
We applaud you for your efforts to learn language and history before your travels. This is a tough one! We are glad you finally got to see the Mermaid and changing of the guard on a nice sunny day. Glad your heart is still in good working order.... those drops can be tough. Eager to read more.
23rd February 2019

The Little Mermaid
Thank you for your lovely and encouraging comments as always. I'm very much a keen language learner, I feel it's a good way into a culture. I remembered your advice about not getting too excited about the Little Mermaid, the advice certainly paid off ?. It was but a small addition to my sightseeing day!
23rd February 2019
Almost a Full Moon

Very nice!
Love traveling during a full moon.
23rd February 2019
Almost a Full Moon

Full Moon
Indeed, I agree. A very evocative time to travel I feel.
23rd February 2019
Me on The Demon, Tivoli Gardens

Happiness
Let that inner child out! We never grow too old for fun.
23rd February 2019
Me on The Demon, Tivoli Gardens

Happiness
Lol! I had so much fun at Tivoli Gardens. We are all children deep down I feel.
25th February 2019

Hej hej for nu!
I'm kinda jealous of you Brits. Hop on a plane and be in a multitude of different countries in no time! It's a bit harder to do that here in Canada. Demark looks pretty great but I thought it would be a lot more snowier. Shouldn't it be? In Vancouver, we have the same mermaid statue in our Stanley Park. We call ours girl in a Wetsuit. I wonder if its the same artist?
25th February 2019

Girl in a Wetsuit
Indeed, I consider ourselves to be very fortunate to be able to travel so easily and quickly to other countries from here. I didn't know anything about the Girl in the Wetsuit statue until you mentioned it. Just read up on it a bit - they are indeed uncannily similar. Different artists, but apparently yours was inspired by, and is a more modern and less revealing version of Denmark's - very interesting ? Indeed, I was quite fortunate with the weather I think. It is usually colder and snowier at this time of year, but I must have visited during a brief respite from the frigid Scandinavian winter.
25th February 2019

A full day
It sounds like you had a fun, full first day in Copenhagen! I love the colourful buildings and the busy streets of Strogen. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip. I echo cabochick's comments about being jealous of you Brits as you are so close to Europe. I've walked past the girl in a wetsuit statue in Stanley Park many times, it does look a lot like the mermaid statue in Copenhagen.
26th February 2019

Thank you
Thank you for your lovely and encouraging comment, Copenhagen is indeed a great city. Ah, of course, I remember now that you live in Vancouver, very similar indeed are the two statues. I do understand how fortunate we are in this country to be able to travel to others so easily, it is certainly a blessing for the traveller.
11th March 2019

The Little Mermaid
It really is an icon of Copenhagen, the statue is based on the story of the Little Mermaid by H.C Andersen, a Danish 19th century writer. =) It seems you had a good first day in Denmark. Tivoli is always a classic. =D Did you go to Bakken as well? It's the world's oldest amusement park. =)
11th March 2019

The Little Mermaid
Thank you my friend. I found the statue quite humble and charming. Yes, I enjoyed Tivoli very much. I'm afraid this time I didn't make it to Bakken. I certainly got a taste for Scandinavia though, looking forward to hopefully Sweden next year ?
30th August 2021

Copenhagen
This was a very fun read. I'm currently travelling on my motorcycle through Denmark and I left Copenhagen 2 days ago. It was very interesting to read about the things I visited from a different perspective. Tomorrow I'll read the rest of your entries. I'm also thinking about starting a blog, but I'm not sure. On average, how much time do you spend each day on an entry? Greetings from Århus.
31st August 2021

Copenhagen
Hi there. Thank you for reading my blog, and for your nice comment. Great to hear you are travelling through Denmark, I really enjoyed my short time there. It usually takes me about 2 - 4 hours to write a blog entry and upload all the photos. But I do write a lot, and I know others write shorter entries. It depends on how much you write really. I look forward to reading your blog if you decide to write one. All the best, and enjoy Århus ?

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb