Rounding off Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic
August 8th 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.0878, 14.4205

Definitely no regrets about extending our stay in Prague. Its been fun. We've had 6 nights here to enjoy this beautiful city, largely and a leisurely pace. Once we had satisfied the desire to see the main landmarks and monuments here, we were left with just absorbing the relaxed atmosphere and culture of the city.
Wednesday was our last full day and night. We spent the first half of the day considering our current situation. We are now in our fourth month of travel. Funding is running low. We need to work sooner than later. We have people to meet and still more to see. We have time. We will travel for around another month, meet friends in Belgium, and look for work aiming to start October 1. In the mean time, we make plans. After Prague, a night train to Krakow. 4 nights there, and an Auschwitz tour. From Krakow, a sleeper overnight train to Budapest. 3 nights. Then on to Vienna by bus. We have booked a very cheap cruise, departing Barcelona, August 30. We will meet Matt and Jason there before hand. The cruise is with Carnival, Sunshine ship, 9 nights, via Marseille, Italy and Dubrovnik, Croatia. It finishes in Venice.
After planning and booking, we headed into Prague for our last night out. It didn't all go as well as we hoped. First up, a theatre show, a renowned Prague phenomenon known as Black Light Theatre. The premise was Alice in Prague, rather than wonderland. The show was silent, with actors cloaked in black able to assist with effects relatively unseen. It started off amusing enough, before getting repetitive, and the story spiralling into needlessly over abstract and weird. It lasted around 90 minutes, and that was enough.
Next, on to lift my spirits with another dose of Old Prague Ham. Tragically, my ham romance turned to sour ashes in my mouth. This ham was as costly, but grossly inferior with chewy skin rather than crackling. My heart was broken.
Thursday we were to check out. The issue was we had the whole afternoon to kill, with our train to Poland not leaving til 10.29pm. Fortunately the hotel was good enough to hold our bags for the evening after checkout, allowing us another casual trip into Prague. We walked over the Charles Bridge, stopped for a beer and walked back up to the castle. We enjoyed a Czech cinnamon twist and views of the city before laying down to rest in the Castle Gardens. Back, then to Old Town for a last wander to the square to say goodbye to Prague.
By the time we picked up our packs from the hotel it was 7pm. We hiked to the metro, and spent our last CZK on dinner before awaiting our train to Poland. Lets hope it goes smoothly, as were already pretty tired from hiking with our bags.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb