Checking out Cesky!


Advertisement
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we were up bright an early after a night of NO sleep due to a very very loud chain saw snorer in our dorm! No dorms, never again! It was so so painful! The other girls managed to sleep a bit but unfortunately I didnt at all so needless to say was not in a great state to start the day heading to Cesky! But was very excited as we all had high hopes for this lovely lil place! We got up and got a taxi at 8am to the station where we needed to get the 9am bus. the lady at our hostel said not to get tickets cos it was a sunday and we wouldnt need them. But very quickly the platform start piling with asian tourists and we were told the bus was sold out! And to get tickets for the 11am bus we had to get the metro 5 stops to a diff station! Weird and annoying but whatever! So, katie and I left the other two at that station and went and checked it out. We got there and there wasnt any spaces to 1pm! We were starting to think wed never get there cos it was a 3 hr bus trip! So we got those and then decided we should prob get tickets return for tomorrow and what do you know - completely sold out!!! So we were like crap we have to get back!! So she sent us to another ticket booth who they must have sold some tickets to. Not the flash bus with wifi we were hoping but a form of transport which was enough for us at this point! And we managed to get tickets at 11am there and for 1pm back tyomorrow. So we had to then go back to the original ticket booth and get a refund. And also with these new tickets, the bus left from the station katie and I were at so we had to go get the girls and their luggage and then come all the way back! Mission+ but we made it and got on the very uncomfortable bus!

The trip went pretty quickly and when we arrived I was just blown away! The sun was out and what a stunning stunning lil town! The first view we had of it was gorgeous! So with new energy we found our hostel, checked in and went wandering the cobbled streets of cesky krumlov! We naturally had many more cinammon treats which turns out are also in cesky - everywhere! So the whole placed smelt like a dream! I had seen grizzlys on postcards in cesky so was convinced that they must be somewhere. We looked everywhere and couldnt find any but all was good on our way up to the castle when we saw them!! Just under the bridge looking very lonely 😞 it was a bit sad actually.

The castle was stunning. Multi faded colours and just so gorgeous and unlike any castle I have seen before. Alot are so similar but this was def one of a kind. We made our way up and took some gorgeous shots cos even though it was cold it was a stunning day which made cesky look even more beautiful! Sarah decided she wanted to become a jump shot queen so we found an earea where I thought would look cool for jump shots but actualy it was a pretty crap background so we just used it as a training ground for things to come! And we jumped...for like an hour...but we ended up getting it and there was even one shot where sarah was the highest! So we could leave with her heaqd held high! On the way down we found a fountain and she decided she even wanted to become a handstander! And handstand she did! What a pro 😊 So we got some cool shots and practiced for a better back drop which we knew would come!

After visiting the castle we wandered again getting very snap happy I was and then settled somewhere warm for a coffee and to thaw out 😊 We then decided to have dinner somewhere traditional so walked for a while looking for the appropriate candidate! And found it so we thought wed better order some beef goulash which is czech tradition apparantley! And it was actually really yummy!

The town was dead quiet by about 9pm when we left the restaurant as it was a Sunday night I think. So, we headed back to our nice lil warm private room in the hostel. No dorms tonight! Thank goodness! And just hung out and gossiped for hours till we all passed out exhausted! And all had much better sleeps!


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 7; ; mem: 1.1mb