Laid back Krumlov


Advertisement
Published: May 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well I can see why this place is a big stop for backpackers. Its a break stop. Somewhere to slow down an listen to the birds for a while an appreciate being in a little town miles away from anywhere. Only took about 3hrs to get here from Prague an stopped outside the village as the bus wouldnt fit through all its little cobbled streets. Saw a bunch of frinds that i was talking about last blog, kind of wished i had travelled here with them. There was only about 10 of us this time that got off here so will be less of a party atmosphere which kind of suits the town. Was a dreadful day when we arrived from 27 to 15 maximums in two days ? so just just chilled out at Hostle 99, a little shack kind of that is just really relaxed compared to the other hostels. At night about 10 of us went had had dinner at a little restaurant on a little back street back from the town square. Czech food has been the best so far so cheap an you get these massive meals and good beer to go with it. This
The CastleThe CastleThe Castle

There is only one main street really that runs through the town, one side to the other. The town is in the middle of a river bend. Good little glimpses of the castle so many good photos but you will have to wait ill i get home.
time had chicken with apples an cranberry with this amazing sauce an vegetables for about 150 krown, including 2 budvars, beer brewed just up at the next town from here. Going on the river is the thing to do here an had herd it was going to be another rainy day, but this morning it could have gone either way, so seven of us decided to brave it an hire out canoes to go down the river. Good decision all up, wasnt such a hot day but the sun was shining through in patches, an i had a skirt or whatever you call it so my legs didnt get wet, waterproof jacket a saviour again. It was a 15km journey, quite a paddle really, my arms are feeling it abit. Along the was there are little tiny rapids an rocks you have to look out for but nothing to full on. The boys decided to take the causways on though. There were 2 that change the water height, matt got stuck under water but was out safely enough. Along the way there were two stops on the river that have little shacks set up with a bonfire to dry you up an more beer to sink. Good times getting in an out of the canoes though. The water wasnt as chilly as expected though. Couldnt take any photos, but Wes an Jasmine had a waterproof camera so hopefully will get some photos from them. Went for a little walk this afternoon, this town you can basically walk from one side to the other in 20min. Went up to the castle, but rather than having building blocks most of the outside was painted. The castle gardens were so peaceful, about 5 oclock as you could see the rolling countryside that surounds this little peice of land that time seems to have forgotton, except for the bus tourists during the day filling the streets. Am just back at the hostel where its keg night an the pingpong is the game of choice. Has been a good couple of days just to reflect on the places ive been, an ive still got so many new faces an towns to meet, am really enjoying it....well except for the cancelled tour to Romania ive had to deal with, but it will be me an my pack taking on Transylvania after Budapest but tommorrow, off to Vienna.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb