Day 3: Walking Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
September 28th 2016
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.0878, 14.4205

Dobrý večer (Good evening), all!

Toured almost the entire historical part of Prague on foot today, including Old Town, a glimpse of New Town, the Jewish Quarter, and Little Quarter.

Mike went out early to get a preview of the route to the Old Town Square and to try to get some early morning pictures before the crowds showed up.  With Sharon a little later, the walking tour took in the Old Town Hall and Astronomical Clock (quite a delight!), the Tyn Church, Wenceslas Square, the open-air Halveska Market, the Old-New Synagogue in the Jewish Quarter, and the church belfry at the Church of St. Nicholas, all 299 stairs up to the top and its dramatic views over the whole city.

We ran out of time for the Prague Castle and St. Vitus Cathedral, so that'll be Friday morning before we leave for Budapest.  Right now, it's time for a good night's sleep before tomorrow's all-day trip and exploration of Český Krumlov, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the south Bohemia region of the Czech Republic.

Dobrou noc! (Good night!)

Mike and Sharon / Dad and Mom 


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

North of the Charles BridgeNorth of the Charles Bridge
North of the Charles Bridge

With selfies flying all around us, we had to try one ourselves!


Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb