Czech Mate


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 7th 2014
Published: July 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Munich to Cesky Krumlov


Additional maps: Cesky Krumlov to Prague

We left Germany behind and headed toward a little village in the Czech Republic called Cesky Krumlov. It felt like we had stepped back in time, cobblestone streets, quaint little shops, old bridges, churches and a castle complete with three very large and very real bears! Cesky Krumlov is a UNESCO World Heritage listed site, construction of the town and castle began in the late 13th century....it's very old and I would most definitely recommend visiting this gorgeous and charming town. The Czech Republic is home to Bohemian Crystal glass and I am hoping that my purchase of glasses and a vase make it home in one piece.

Our next stop was the beautiful, historic city of Praha (Prague). On our first day we did a free three hour walking tour of the city, we saw the old town, the Jewish quarter, the new town and the astronomical clock - the clock was first installed in 1410 and is the oldest clock still working in the world today. We enjoyed the morning tour so much we all decided to do another three hour walking tour that same afternoon, this time over the river to see the Prague castle...they do castles beautifully in Europe. Another interesting Praha fact is that it has the second highest rate of pick pocketers in Europe ....you may wonder which city has the highest rate? Barcelona...we will be there in about three weeks!

We had a special treat for our last brekky in Praha we sampled a traditional Czech shot....Slivovice....uuugghh disgusting! But...when in Praha.

Next blog I will tell you about our visit to the Church of Bones!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



8th July 2014

When in Praha
Sounds like you are having a great time mum! I'm enjoying your updates xx

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb