a case of the mondays


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 31st 2006
Published: July 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

today wasn't the fullest day- we had a malvina lecture in the morning (so it wasn't the most exciting...), then about an hour and a half break in which we went to H&M (i bought a cute purple/brown striped tank for $7!) and got some lunch. then we went back to school for a guest lecture. it was actually pretty interesting-- he was from this research company, and actually tailored his presentation a little bit for us since we're advertising students (well not me, but you know...) so he talked about brands, brand loyalties, etc.-- then he tied it into the CR and talked with us about reasons why czechs are less brand loyal than other western nations.

after the lecture we went to tesco (this crazy awesome grocery/department store) for a bit, and then came back to the dorm. we hung around until around 9- at which point we went to grab some dinner. rachel, dionne and sarah had crocodile sandwiches, but katie and i didn't feel like those so we went over to kfc (btw-- i have seen more kfc-s in the CR than i have ever seen before in my entire life). then katie, sarah and dionne bought some rum and kofola, and we came back here to watch mean girls. they had me try a baby shot of rum (they said it was about a third of a shot) and it was really good! that was it for me though- now it's 11:00 and i'll probably shower and go to sleep soon.

not the most exciting day, but tomorrow we have 3 lectures and later on the museum of communism! which i am very excited about. 😊

Advertisement



1st August 2006

Exciting Day
Sometimes down days are good. You've been on the run so much. Have a great Tuesday!
1st August 2006

museum of communism
museum of communism? that sounds interesting. be sure to take picutres! ...assuming it's allowed
1st August 2006

lol
lol... our tour guide told us about the museum of communism ... she read us the description and told us that it sounded a bit exaggerated. and of course the picture of the teddy bear is always amazing. oh well. i miss prague and europe a lot!!!!!!! see ya soon!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb