Free Walking Tour


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 24th 2006
Published: July 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Zdenka had a wonderful tourism book for Prague, making it possible for us to make our own walking tour. Our day started off with a wonderful breakfast that Zdenka had prepared for us so that we could try an assortment of Czech food. We then visited the University that she works at because she works in Food Chemistry and Angele was excited to be touring a lab. It was acctually really cool, but being so science inept, I dont know what half the stuff does! I just made sure not to touch anything as it was all labelled biohazardous 😊

We started our tour of the city in the Prague Castle. It is a huge complex consisting of a cathedral, palace, smaller chapels, towers of all sorts and the best part was a place called the Golden Lane. They charge you admission into this Lane that consists of shops for you to spend more of your money! How ironic is that? But it was really cute anyways, all these little houses stuck together...and no we didnt spend more money in the shops!

We walked down to the Jewish Quarter and saw the oldest synagogue in Europe. It is 700yrs old! We also went into a jewish graveyard. The story behind the graveyard is that they just kept burying people ontop of people, and it is something like 11 or 12 ppl deep in some areas.

We walked the Charles bridge which has statues of patron saints lining both sides. There were loads of vendors, and drunk people passed out along the sides of the bridge. Then we meandered through the old town, did some souvenier shopping and grocery shopping at my favorite store, Tescos! For all that do not know, it is like the Wal Mart of the UK, but can be found in parts of Europe as well. We ended our day with a home cooked dinner of pasta.

Amie

Advertisement



27th July 2006

Drunk people???? hmmm....
So, this is where I would make another joke about all the drinking that is going on, on your vacation and that possibly the people drunk on the bridge were actually you guys...... BUT.... I dont think I will. Cheers, Cathy P.S I(L)TESCOS TOO!!!

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0837s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb