a lazy day


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 24th 2006
Published: July 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

our favorite park in viennaour favorite park in viennaour favorite park in vienna

they had a fountain there with cold water! we filled up our water bottles for free!! (the only decently priced thing in vienna...lol)
(the pics are mostly more from vienna, now that everyone's are on facebook-- the last one is from tonight)

today we started our second class--our two profs are marketa and malvina. they are super nice, and we're looking forward to traveling with them tomorrow. they've told us they're pretty flexible about what we'll be doing-- we'll be required to write a few 300 word papers, but that's pretty much it lol. they say if we have any suggestions of what we'd prefer to do (based on what the schedule says).

so today we first we listened to marketa talk about what exactly central europe means, and then malvina discussed the year 1989 and what kind of revolutions it brought about in various countries. i enjoyed listening to marketa better because she didn't have a powerpoint presentation and was more engaging-- malvina was a little quieter and used her powerpoint presentation. we were kind of ready for that one to be over...lol. hopefully she'll be better if she presents again. by then it was about 11:30 and we were done for the day.

rachel and i were craving gyros again (we found a stand that has AMAZING gyros for
dionne and medionne and medionne and me

we're at the danube- you can see it in the background. this was one of my favorite pics from the vienna weekend.
50 crowns in old town) so we went over there for lunch. Four of us like to get gyros, and then katie gets her "corn-on-a-stick." yeah...she loves it. don't ask.

after lunch we decided to head back to our dorm for a bit, with the intention of leaving later to check out prague castle. except...we all kind of ended up taking naps. so by the time we got up it was already 3:00. so a few of us decided to go do some laundry-- this is an experience in itself. we go to "laundry kings" (it is a little expensive, but oh well) and these women there help you with your laundry. they have these gigantic washers and dryers- sarah, dionne and i were able to fit all of our laundry in 2 washers! craziness.

by the time we got back and everyone got cleaned up a bit- it was time for dinner. we decided to check out this place called klub architektu (it's in our travel guide). what a fun restaurant! it's in this medieval cellar type of thing, so it's colder (yay!) and they have lanterns and candles everywhere. the food was incredible
the back of the palacethe back of the palacethe back of the palace

the gardens- before climbing up the hill
too. katie and the girls decided i needed to celebrate and try my first mixed drink, and so we ordered me a "cape cod cooler" which is vodka and strawberry juice. it was so good, and went along with my pasta with tuna, olives and parm cheese. spectacular!

we walked around for a little bit afterward, and then came back here. i just handwashed some of my clothes (i did this the other day too! how domestic am i? lol) and now i think i'll go get ready for bed.

i won't be able to post tomorrow night because we'll be on our overnight trip! i'll be back on wednesday...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

the back of the palacethe back of the palace
the back of the palace

after climbing the hill! what a view
at klub architektuat klub architektu
at klub architektu

mmmmm cocktails! dionne had a malibu driver, katie had a sex on the beach and i had a cape cod cooler :)


25th July 2006

lazy day!
yay for a lazy day! doesn't sound all that lazy 'cept for the nap- i was just wondering yesterday if you'd done any laundry yet! vodka and strawberry juice,huh?! interesting! have a great time tomorrow on your field trip! <3 mom
26th July 2006

HI
So glad you are having fun. Sounds like Vienna was great!
27th July 2006

Sleeping on the Train!!??
Miss Maxine - There is a Czech regulation that there is no sleeping on the train. There is even a more strict violation for posting pictures of people sleeping on trains. You should turn that person in!!!
27th July 2006

You Like Comments
Hi Maxine - I know you like comments, so I thought I'd write. Hope you're enjoying Prague. Hopefully your roommate isn't being too much of a pain. Glad you're enjoying cocktail hour so much! Have a great time!

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb